1. How many players can we have on a team?
A GameX team is comprised of 5 players together to complete their mission.
2. What is the purpose of the GameX Competition?
The goal is to provide the United States military with novel solutions to the CUAS threat, as well as private entities that need this protection, such as airports and large stadium security teams. Gameplay data will be used to help influence programs and training in the future to help combat this potential threat.
3. Where will GameX be held?
GameX‘s first pilot program will be held at MITRE’s location in South Carolina, near Shaw Air Force Base. GameX will also be running competitions this fall at other MITRE sites across the country, so tell your friends to look for more updates!
4. If my team wins at a local competition, what is next?
Congratulations! You will now be entered for a regional GameX competition! These competitions will have enhanced features for players to use and larger prize pools! If you win regionally, you will be invited to our national competition with the biggest prizes yet!
5. What is MITRE?
MITRE’s mission-driven teams are dedicated to solving problems for a safer world. Through our public-private partnerships and federally funded R&D centers, we work across government and in partnership with industry to tackle challenges to the safety, stability, and well-being of our nation.
Our achievements are built on a foundation of special attributes:
- Mission-Driven: Our people have a passion for the mission and honor purpose as their highest principle.
- Innovative Approach: We bring an interdisciplinary approach that delivers innovation to our sponsors and our partners.
- Objective Insight: We provide a conflict-free perspective with trusted access to bring proprietary data to decisions.
- Unique Vantage Point: We have the ability to see across government and freely apply learning and experience.
- Technical Know-How: We combine applied science and systems thinking with deep domain expertise to define the right problems and create solutions.
- Pioneering Together: We serve as a thought partner who freely collaborates and helps bring innovative ideas into existence.
You can learn more about MITRE’s mission and the Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) we operate here: https://www.mitre.org/about/corporate-overview